Helping lenders grow: LendInvest case study
The lending landscape has changed significantly since the global financial crisis. As more originators enter the market, it’s vital they're able to concentrate on distribution, credit analysis and product innovation.
What challenges do lenders face?
The robust management of live loans is a key consideration for institutional investors but the reality is that lenders face many challenges post drawdown. These include:
- ensuring quality of service to clients
- investing in a strong technology platform
- having a highly skilled and experienced workforce
- collecting and allocating payments in a timely manner
- having the capability for managing loans in arrears
- ensuring regulatory compliance
How we work with LendInvest
In 2016, Pepper and LendInvest, the specialist online mortgage lender, formed what is believed to be the industry’s first partnership between a UK online property finance marketplace and an outsourced loan servicing business.
LendInvest is the only UK online platform to have been rated three times (2015, 2016 and 2017) by Arc Ratings, a regulated European credit rating agency, each time receiving the highest possible rating for the quality of its loan servicing.
As part of the partnership, we’re now servicing all new and existing loans originated by the LendInvest team. This means they can focus on their long-term strategy; to bring to market an expanded range of tailored loan products that suit borrowers’ requirements at all stages of their property investment or development projects.
The benefits of the collaboration
The collaboration has a number of benefits:
- Borrowers’ interest is calculated daily rather than monthly
- LendInvest has direct access to our leading loan management technology and CRM platform, providing a highly scalable solution
- Advisers and investors can take comfort from knowing their loans are being serviced by a highly experienced and Regulated servicer
Our dedicated team of real estate professionals have backgrounds in loan servicing, property, banking, law, restructuring and operations across the UK. The team is experienced in managing both Performing and Non-Performing loans on behalf of Private Equity Funds, Investment Banks and originators of new loans secured on commercial real estate.
We provide comfort to lenders like LendInvest, their investors and their borrowers by delivering a flawless execution throughout the life cycle of a loan.