Pepper’s specialist commercial loan servicing team has a vast range of experience in managing portfolios to their full potential. From managing legacy Performing and Non Performing (NPL) loans to supporting lenders issuing new advances, our commercial real estate (CRE) team offers the full spectrum of servicing activities.
Our extensive CRE and loan servicing knowledge, combined with our market leading loan management technology platform means we’re well placed to help you.
It is this combination of factors that has already established us as one of the largest independent servicers of small and medium sized loans secured on CRE in the UK.
Why Consider us?
- We've an established ability to service and manage a range of property types, including residential investment, retail, industrial, land, leisure, office and mixed use;
- Our highly professional team is experienced in managing distressed CRE loans throughout the UK across the full spectrum of asset classes;
- We've an extensive track record in proactive and focused management of NPLs, including the formulation and execution of workout solutions and the appointment of insolvency practitioners in addition to more complex and bespoke restructures involving debt for equity swaps etc;
- We’ve developed strong relationships with market leading valuation, legal, advisory and insolvency professionals across the UK, meaning we can help to get the very best advice and commercial terms for you;
- Our in-depth knowledge of strategic solutions particularly for the management of NPLs means we can help you create an optimal solution for your portfolio;
- Our in-house Real Estate Advisory team can help to drive not just loan resolutions, but also your asset strategy too.
Below are some case studies that bring to life the areas in which we can help.
Non Performing Loan Servicing
We were uniquely placed to support a private equity business by becoming the Primary and Special Servicer on a granular portfolio of over £1bn of loans secured on UK CRE made up of more than 1,000 borrowers and secured on over 3,000 properties.
We also supported an investment vehicle in the underwriting of a £500m NPL portfolio. After our client was successful we stepped into the role of Interim Servicer and deployed specialist staff to manage all credit requests within agreed service level agreements prior to the migration of the portfolio when we took on the role of Primary & Special Servicer.
Performing Loan Servicing
We were approached and now provide Primary & Special servicing on a performing loan portfolio with c 1,000 loans and £250m AUM, secured on 2,000 assets.
Supporting originators of loans secured on CRE
Approached by a leading CRE lender we were tasked with supporting their plans to significantly grow their lending book to £1bn. To achieve this we provided them with a fully 'white labelled' Primary & Special Servicing solution.