2 Use of your information
DISCLOSURE - APPLICABLE DATA PROTECTION LAWS
IMPORTANT - USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You have a right to know how we use your personal information. Please carefully read and understand this section 2.
If you would like to read the full details of how your data may be used by us, and/or to learn more about your data protection rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the contact details stated below:
Data Protection Officer:
Pepper (UK) Limited
1 George Street
2.1 We may hold information in our records or with persons providing storage facilities and use and disclose information:
- to perform obligations or exercise rights that we may have under any agreement with the borrower;
- for the purposes of market research, statistical and business analysis and creating and maintaining a customer profile;
- to analyse and improve the content and functionality of our website (such as to determine pages of our website visited by users);
- to assess the mortgage product and further applications from the borrower for this and other products and/or services, and make decisions on questions about any such application(s), any agreement or correspondence which the borrower may have with us;
- when responding to proceedings of a court of law or similar legal process, or in cooperating with law enforcement agencies; and/or
- with the intention of preventing, detecting, prosecuting or mitigating the consequences of fraud and money laundering or other crimes, trace debt and recover debt and to comply with applicable law and regulations.
2.2 We may disclose any information to and make enquiries to:
- insurers of any asset securing or proposed to secure the borrower’s liabilities;
- market research organisations for the purpose of confidential market research conducted on behalf of us; and/or
- any relevant legal and regulatory authorities, or government bodies, and any other body having a legal right to access the information and anyone you authorise us to give information to.
2.3 A condensed guide to the use of your personal information by ourselves
(a) When the borrower obtains a mortgage product from us and provides us with information, or you (or a third party) provide us with information on request by or on behalf of the borrower, we will check our own records about you (to the extent we hold any such records).
(b) Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your explicit consent or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under applicable data protection laws.
In order to process and use your personal information, we rely on one or more of the following legal bases:
(i) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; and/or
(ii) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We may transfer information for use in the ways described in this Fair Processing Notice to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) which may not have the same level of legal protection as countries within it. Any transfer of your personal data will be subject to the EU Model Clauses as permitted under applicable data protection laws that are designed to safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information. If you would like to find out more about any such transfers, please contact our Data Protection Officer whose details are set out in section 2 of this Fair Processing Notice.
Under applicable data protection law, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to the personal information we hold about you;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us (or which has been provided to us by or on behalf of the borrower), in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and require us to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information; and/or
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email or write to our Data Protection Officer (see details in section 2).