Systems Developer | Pepper UK
Job Title: Systems Developer
Reports To: Head of Development
Direct Reports: None
The Systems Developer will be part of a dynamic cross-functional team. Their primary role would focus on the development aspect of the SDLC, but they would also be expected to regularly contribute to design discussions, advise the business stakeholders on potential solutions and support the testing team.
The areas of work will include (but not be limited to) the following: enhancement of the Pepper .NET software platform (middleware and front-end GUI), development of the Pepper public API offering, development of our Data Warehouse Star schema and ETL process (driven by both SQL and SSIS), high level and low level design documentation, as well as provision of systems support.
This position will call on their knowledge, experience and creativity to become a key player in both pro-active and re-active projects which will demand an extremely high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Development and maintenance of the VB & C#.NET software platform
- Development and maintenance of the data warehouse & ETL environment
- Migration of mortgage portfolio data onto the Phoebus platform including analysis of source data, mapping data into the Phoebus template, implementing and testing the migration process.
- Ensure all developments fit within the overall system architecture and design strategy, and make sure code is of a consistent and appropriate standard.
- Manage and maintain the company codebase using industry best practice to provide full audit and control capabilities.
- Manage the delivery of BAU Helpdesk support for the business systems, ensuring all support requests are dealt with effectively and closed out in a timely manner.
- Work with all stakeholders to best prioritise system developments and deliver to agreed release schedules.
- Manage the technical migration of loan portfolios onto the system that occur from time to time.
- Has an excellent understanding of regulation and associated legislative policy and the impacts these have on the business
- Has a full appreciation of the company compliance procedures and standards required for the Arrears and Litigation function
- Fully adheres to all procedures and standards for the role
- Actively maintains an on-going awareness of compliance to all direct reports
Treating Customers Fairly:
- Actively promotes and raises the profile of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) throughout the organisation and is able to evidence that challenge has been provided to the Board, Committees and Business Operations areas particularly in the areas of:
- Business decisions – that all of our business decisions at this organisation include due consideration of whether/how they may impact upon our customers and ensure that at all times such decisions have a positive effect on the fair treatment of our customers
- Controls – that we operate a system of internal control which is proportionate to the nature, scale and complexity of our business and is designed to ensure and demonstrate the fair treatment of our customers
- Excellent C# and VB.NET skills (WinForms, WCF and WebAPI)
- Excellent MS SQL Server skills, with extensive database design and data migration experience.
- Competency in best practices and techniques – unit testing, design patterns, SOLID principles.
- Ability to analyse problems, think creatively, and make effective decisions in the appropriate timescale
- Self-motivator and ability to work autonomously as well as part of a wider development team
- Strong communicator with an ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical colleagues
- Experience in deploying and maintaining solutions in Microsoft Azure is desirable