Product Analyst, Residential | Pepper Money
Reports to: Product Manager
Providing support to the Product Manager, Residential, who is responsible for the residential and buy to let product roadmaps, the creation and development of new products and the ongoing monitoring of their performance.
You will support the Product Manager in managing the product portfolio, researching positioning in the market and monitoring product performance.
This is an exciting opportunity to support the management of an existing residential product set and support the launch of new propositions to the market e.g. commercial real estate (CRE) lending
1) Customer and market insight
- Research and monitor competitor product, pricing and positioning in the market through own research and also via close working relationship with residential and CRE sales teams
- Interpret market data (e.g. from Mintel, Equifax, UK Finance etc.) and provide insight and recommendations to the Product Manager and Commercial leadership team
- Review customer feedback, complaints and survey scores/commentary and interpret key issues and trends and propose product and process improvements
2) Create propositions
- Support the product manager in developing a product roadmap for the existing residential and buy to let products and for the CRE launch
- Evaluate and develop compelling products, propositions and pricing and steer business cases through the product governance process
3) Performance management and monitoring
- Deliver weekly and monthly forecasts to Exec and Board Committees and report on actual performance – volumes, product mix, margin and risk
- Dive in to the data and review and report on performance versus key competitors and the wider market
- Carry out post implementation reviews to analyse how products have performed against plan and areas for improvement on future launches
Competencies and Qualifications
- 1 - 2 years previous experience in a product analyst role or business analyst position – ideally with a focus on lending products
- Likely to be educated to degree level
- Intermediate to advanced level of Excel skills (preferred)
- Knowledge of the residential market, in particular, specialist lenders and small / challenger banks, will be advantageous
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate a wide range of detailed information, from a variety of different sources, clearly identifying the pertinent points to determine coherent approaches to problems and give clear direction to others
- Attention to detail – logical and methodical approach to be able to understand a process from start to finish
- A passion for data – someone who is keen to analyse a variety of data sources and look for trends and opportunities to develop Pepper’s proposition
- Excellent organisational and time management skills - a demonstrable ability to manage a vast array of information and work on multiple work streams
- Passion for delivering outstanding propositions for our brokers and clients
- Desire to continually develop and improve
- Analytical mind
- Interested in the residential market, new innovations and providers
- Honesty and integrity
Treating Customers Fairly
Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is a regulatory principle putting the needs of customers at the heart of all financial services providers to ensure that customers can be confident that they are dealing with an organisation that is looking after their interests.
Every member of staff is expected to do things ‘the right way’, ensuring that our customers' interests are considered in everything we do. The following TCF principles are fundamental to every role:
- Giving the customer what they have been led to expect
- Not taking advantage of the customer
- Exhibiting clarity in all customer dealings.
- Showing flexibility, empathy and consideration in dealing with customers.
- Resolving mistakes or issues in the most effective manner
- Being prepared to challenge process if you think it does not reflect our TCF values